New here? Try Online Coaching for Only $1!
Fred Chevry - Head Coach at The Razor
This Week’s Recipe
Most baked goods are terrible for your waistline. Products made with refined flour, sugar and unhealthy fats should always be avoided. This recipe for mini muffins uses coconut flour, an alternative to wheat flour that is lower in carbs and free of gluten. Enjoy one for a breakfast on-the-go or as a quick snack.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
1 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup organic, fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl combine the eggs, melted (and cooled) coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the coconut flour to remove lumps, add salt and baking soda.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones, then gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Fill each mini muffin tin to the top, then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broil for 1-2 minutes (watch close!) to lightly brown the tops.
7. Allow to cool before removing from muffin tin. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.Nutrition
One serving equals: 84 calories, 5g fat, 55mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 2g protein
Need Professional Help Getting Fit?
Claim Your $1 Online Coaching Trial Today!